1. An apology: I should have been blogging throughout the Chad Deity process. Things dropped off after the Pulitzer announcement here on the blog, but things far from dropped off in real life. There was lots to say about my first Off-Broadway production, the reviews, the cast of characters showing up backstage after performances (including, and I’m pretty sure no other entertainment event can claim this exact list: Joan Rivers, Tony Kushner, David Henry Hwang, Buck Henry…and Layla El of the WWE), and everything else that has gone done over the last two months. Lots of blog material, and blog I did not. My bad.
2. That said…I can’t really talk much about Chad and its future. That right there should be taken as a statement on its future. If you’re in the press, and you want more information than that…well, I’m not sure I can give it to you, but I’m pretty easy to track down. If it was up to me, I’d break all Chad news here on the blog, but it’s not up to me. It’s so not up to me.
3. There’s a new look and a new name to the blog, in case you hadn’t noticed. The look is cleaner, the name more fitting, based on the play we’ve been working on for months.
4. I’ll be trying to get back to theater article comments here. I’ve been doing most of my talking via twitter (where I’m super easy to find) as part of the #2amt thing, often. Hopefully, I’ll start using this space again to get past the 140 character thing.
5. I’m writing this on my second-to-last night in Minneapolis. NYC, I’m coming home.
Tomorrow, I’ll have some things to say about this article in today’s New York Times. So go ahead and start reading it now.